I am a Sindhi-Muhajir by birth not by choice. Unfortunately I am still compelled to consider myself a Muhajir because the soil and it’s inhabitant do not accept my person, my culture and my right to life. Since the assassination of Pakistan’s first prime minster till date, no matter who comes to power in the centre and the province of Sind the Urdu speaking population of Sind is butchered and murdered in cold blood. After witnessing cruelty and oppression for more than 5 decades, I believe the time has come for a separate Muhajir province.
The main grounds on which I base my case for a Muhajir province are as follows:
- All the high profile assassinations of Muhajirs like Liaqat Ali Khan and Miss Fatima Jinnah were never investigated by the state. As matter of fact the Muhajirs gifted their elite leadership for the service of the country but all the great leaders of Muhajirs have always been assassinated by unknown miscreants that the government cannot apprehend or trace. I don’t buy that, the government never investigated these assassination and as a result we do not know who killed Liaqat Ali Khan and Fatima Jinnah.
- The unfortunate incidents of Qasba Aligarh massacre of 1986, The Pacca Qila incident of 1990 and the infamous military operations from 1992 till 2001 resulting in the deaths of thousands of Muhajirs. Why did the state brutally kill children, women and old folks whose only crime was that they are Muhajirs?
- Then the other issue is that the federal and provincial governments, the Sind Chief Minster, some member of the cabinet and especially the home minister is running a criminal enterprise and that criminal enterprise does everything for a price anything from armed robbery, murder or rape under the sun. The worst part is that in Sindh’s history an Urdu speaking home minister and/or Chief Minster is unacceptable and a Feudal-Sindhi is given more preference over a patriotic and committed Urdu-speaking Why?
- Then when ever ethnic violence erupts in Karachi or Sind the majority of persons killed are Muhajirs and the killers have the government’s blessings, whilst committing these cold blooded executions. Is this is not contempt by the Punjabi, Sindhi, Pakthun and Balochi against the Sindhi-Muhajir?
- Around the world grass root and localized governance is the key to a strong democracy. In America and UK the Law enforcement, judiciary, mayor and prosecutors are all permanent resident of the districts or counties in which they hold public office. As a result people are more satisfied when their local government is powerful and responsive. Also when the administrative and judicial powers are with people of the locality who are of a good character, the community benefits. However in Karachi, the Rangers, Police and administrative authorities are mostly non-Muhajirs and from Punjab and Pathan areas. What fruitful results has this kind of mismanagement yielded?
- Lastly, the people who are suppose to protect the lives and properties of the citizens of Karachi are greedy and corrupt feudal and landlords. How can I possibly expect a greedy and morally bankrupt feudal who oppresses thousands of Haris on his land to give me Equal Protection under the law?
Hence based on the above grounds I am quite convinced a Muhajir province comprising of urban Sind, be made and recognized as a separate province. Once this province is made we will have lawmakers, law enforcers and judicial officers who are permanent residents of this province only. This is my idea of solving the issue of law and order and carnage in Karachi and Sind forever. Once the Muhajir province becomes a separate administrative unit, I am quite sure that it will be the most efficient and prosperous place in Pakistan. The sole reason is that we won’t allow feudal and landlords to become our rulers. We will have government of laws and the rule of law shall follow. We shall make a province where the law is paramount and nobody is above the law. Also the size of the province will be easy to administrative given the high literacy and development ion the mohair territories. This is my solution for saving Pakistan and Sind from perdition. If this advice is ignored the Muhajir province will come but with gore and mayhem which I am sure not many people want. Hence I would strongly urge the government to please give us Muhajirs our own province so that we can live peacefully and liberate ourselves from the yolk of feudal that has destroyed Pakistan since 1947. It is now or never my dear friends. So please think and choose your sides now!